If you have any questions please contact us.
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent, for example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters. When collecting your personal data, we’ll always make clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, when you order an item from us for home delivery, we will collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting Modern Mama to law enforcement.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
When do we collect your data?
• When you visit our website and place and order.
• When you subscribe to our newsletter.
• When you engage with us on social media
• When you comment on or review our products and services
What sort of personal data do we collect?
• When you place an order we collect your name, delivery/billing address and email address.
• We collect payment information through your Paypal username only and do not store any card details.
• Your comments and product reviews.
• To deliver the best possible web experience, we collect technical information about your browser, device and experience on our website through Google Analytics.
• Your social media username, if you interact with us through these channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
Here’s how we’ll use your personal data and why:
• To process any orders that you make by using our website.
If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations. For example, your details may need to be passed to a third party to supply or deliver the product that you have ordered and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfill any contractual obligations such as refunds and so on.
• To respond to your queries or refund requests.
• To process payments. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests. This also helps to protect our customers from fraud.
• We will use your personal data to keep you informed by email about relevant products and services including special offers, discounts and product launches.
You are free to opt out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
How do we protect your personal data?
We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology. Access to your personal data is password-protected. Our website provider will regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Who do we share your personal data with?
• IT companies who support our website and other business systems
• Operational companies such as delivery couriers
• You may have access to the personal data we hold about you at any time.
If you wish to unsubscribe to our email marketing just click the unsubscribe button on any marketing email from us and your address will be removed.
Your Right To Withdraw Consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
Checking Your Identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
• We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take the privacy of our customers into consideration.